9.08.2005

Sunglasses in the Rain

I was at work for exactly one hour today. The migraine struck the second my eyes opened. I felt like someone dropped a piano on my head but still managed to drive, through the raindrops, all the way to work and then came home and didn’t get out of bed until 4pm. I wore sunglasses in the rain today.

I am finally starting to feel human again. (Human…apelike…whatever…)

All in all, it was the perfect day to curl up under my fluffy comforter and listen to the rain. Migraine or not, that part felt good. As did the piping hot shower and aroma of green tea scented incense that followed.

I have, so far successfully, been avoiding the news and the spatter of disaster, which lately infests every form of media. But am warmed by the amount of sympathy that the whole thing has brought about. Warmed by the selflessness and bravery of the people who are helping with the relief. These people will never know how many lives they are changing. It restores what little faith I have had in the people of this gluttonous country. It makes me want to sing, “I am a Patriot” and dance in a field of daisies. But I digress…

With the lack of entertainment today, and the lack of cable television every day, I was flipping through the channels and found “XXX” was on. I would like to know what in hell possesses people to make these movies. I admit, having been a fan of Vin Diesel, I did go to the theatre to see this movie. (Shameful, I know) And honestly, had no recollection of what it was about until I stopped flipping this afternoon. Really, I just wanted to see Vin in all his glory and hear his little raspy voice…but as I watched, for the five minutes that I could stand it, I was utterly repulsed. It might have been because I stopped at the precise time to see the kissing scene in which Vin honestly looked like he had never kissed a woman before. He looked like he was a kindergarten aged boy who had just finished chasing her around the playground and his reward for catching her was this kiss. It was…well…disgusting. I think that I will never watch another Vin Diesel movie again. (With the exception of “Boiler Room” because that movie is just so…delicious.) Unless of course, he decides to pick something where a)he doesn’t kiss anyone and b) plot and entertainment value are not severely lacking.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “Rollerskate Skinny” – Old 97’s

3 comments:

wmjwatson said...

Well, sorry you felt that way. I enjoyed XXX (not the sequel since Ice Cube sucked) and I've enjoyed Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick, Iron Giant, and even Knockaround Boys, to an extent. Boiler Room I will have to try and make it thru again on your recommendation. A Man Apart and Pacifier should be moments of shame for the man.
But yeah, the man IS an awkward kisser, but so was Schwarzenegger. Sorry, I always think of them the same. Men who SHOULD be happy doing action roles but always seem to want to do more too soon. It's always funny to me that we STILL have dramatic actors who want to do action movies and action stars who want to do dramatic roles. Like comedians wanting to do a tear jerker.
But, eh, what do I know? I suppose if I had to worry about being typecast to the point where it might affect my future career, I would try to broaden my horizons a bit, too.

spaceface01 said...

I wouldn't trust my recommendation of "Boiler Room"...my reasons for liking it might be purely for that of "eye candy"...

wmjwatson said...

Ah. Then nevermind. Saves me a couple of hours!! Thanks!