9.08.2004

So, we made it through the storm...It is a great thing. My house did not blow OR float away. I spent the entire weekend with my friend and her husband and brother at her new house. You never know how much you miss OUTSIDE until you can't go out for fear that you might blow away like that cow in "Twister". So we, here in Florida, are just bracing ourselves for Ivan...we are hoping that he disintegrates before he becomes a threat. Oh..."Disintegration"...What a good album.

Today, I will have yet another meeting with my supervisor and my Administrator. This time regarding a patient with an erection. I am not kidding. I said erection. (huh-huh, h-h-huh)
Last week, I was back in the Psychiatry department, and I was filling in as the receptionist while she was at lunch and there were very few people in the waiting room. So, I am reading stuff on my school website to find out what they are planning to do in the instance that Frances hit us and the doc comes out, calls a woman in the front row and I immediately see the man that she is with stand and start walking toward my desk. Figured he would tell me he was going to the cafeteria while his wife was in with the doctor. Nope. He says to me, "Hi."

"Hi." I say...kind of smiling because it isn't often that people come up just to say hello. So I wait for him to say something else. Nothing. "Can I help you?"

"That was my sister. I am here with my sister."

"Okay? That is...nice of you...to come with her?" Now I am super confused.

"I'm (I don't remember his name so I am just going to wing it) John."

To this I say nothing. I just look blankly at him...I had no idea what I was expected to say.

"And you are?" and I point at my name tag and he goes back to his seat.

At this point, I went back to what I was doing and forgot all about him until I see him stand up again and start walking back in my direction. Dammit.

"Crystal. What sign are you?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"What sign? I am a scorpio."

"Good." Thankfully, someone came up to my desk so he moved and sat back down. But as soon as the person left, he came back.

This time, he just mumbled so that I couldn't really make out what he was saying but I was sure that I didn't want to, so I just ignored him for a second...until he stopped talking. I looked at him and he had a really strange look on his face and he tells me that he has an erection.
Excuse me. But what makes this weird old guy think that I CARE that he has an erection. And the fact that people actually are THIS demented, really, really bothers me.
Needless to say, I yelled at him and told him to get the fuck out of my face and then threatened to call security (which I have never done in the five years that I have been here). My hands were shaking so badly and I just wanted to jump over the counter and take care of that fucking erection with my dull ass scizzors. Anyway, I ended up calling someone to come back and sit in for me since I would most likely have seriously injured someone had I been forced to stay there. So, now...the fun begins...I have to meet with the legal department and Administration. Very bothersome.

No comments: