9.15.2005

Mixed Nuts

This morning, to avoid oversleeping, I had LBG call me on her way into school. She called at 6:30, a time when, on any normal day, I would have been hitting snooze. I got out of bed, showered, put makeup on, ironed (yes, I freaking ironed…Amazing, I know) and left the house about ten minutes earlier than I would on any other day.

The drive was lovely until I was about a mile from my exit. And there I sat for twenty minutes, maybe longer, I can’t be sure.

The minute his car started to inch past me in the corner of my eye, I knew it was him. I could tell just by the back of his head. He was a few lanes away so I think it was safe to say that he didn’t see me. Well, up until he changed lanes and I passed him when I turned on to my exit.

I didn’t know whether to sink down in my seat and pretend I didn’t see him, or if I should roll the window down and wave frantically. I rolled right by, not glancing in his direction, despite the curiosity. I never know what to do in these situations. I wondered if he was going to work. If he was living with her yet. How he would react if I had been the moron next to him waving like crazy.

I kind of wish I would have just woken up at the normal time and avoided this whole ordeal. Seeing him always brings such mixed feelings. I find it hard to imagine sharing a city with him and not ever speaking, seeing as he moved back here for me in the first place.

Oh, blah…I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Boys are dumb. Throw rocks at them.

Luckily, I had taken “You and I Both” off of repeat and switched to Mos Def, so I wasn’t feeling sappy, I was feeling…a little like hating white people…Or making out with Mos Def. Eh…I ended up just hating Mos Def for hating white people and not making out with me.

*note: I don’t hate anybody. Except Richard Simmons.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Let it Be" - The Beatles

16 comments:

wmjwatson said...

Wow. That's always fnu. Amazingly, I have almost NO accidental encounters with my own significant ex. We never really ran in the same "crowds" apparently so no reason to bump into each other. What sucked is my MOTHER would constantly see her out and about. I would hear about ehr seeing "that bitch" and I would be saddened. Not cause we broke up or cause I didn't get to see her or casue momma called my former "love o' my life" a 'bitch'. No, cause my MOM and my EX ran in the same circles. WTF!?!?!? Stil bugs me. But thankfully even she doesn't see her anymore since she got married. Whew.

spaceface01 said...

HOLY CRAP...

wmjwatson said...

I hope the holy crap thing was about your twin up there!

spaceface01 said...

Yes, it was about my twin...don't be skerrd...

wmjwatson said...

No, just saying...cause that was a holy crap moment. So why is she copying your life? You some kind of role model or sumpin?

spaceface01 said...

Heh...role model...yeah...
I dunno...it started years ago...we decided we shared a brain...I can't explain that one...( I could, but I won't...some things are better left unsaid...) When she moved here we decided there was no need to make sentences anymore...

wmjwatson said...

What about WRITING these unsayable things? Cause, seriously, are you TRYING to be confusing or does it just come naturally? :(

spaceface01 said...

I am sorry to be confusing...there are somethings that I just cannot explain...but would be glad to try...

wmjwatson said...

So....?
And what's teh big deal about seeing the guy? Still not sure understand that part. Sure, it could be uncomfy but it was in traffic. Not like you could really get stuck in an uncomfy conversation or something. And if you HAD waived like a madwoman, think of the impression that would've left him for the rest of his day! Would've driven him crazy.
OR you could've done the wildpointing at his tire yelling "Your tire! Your Tire!" Then when he rolled down his window you could say "Your tire... is ROUND!" and driven off.
Y'know, whatever you're comfy with.

spaceface01 said...

Wait...now I am explaining why Spliff and I share a brain? "Are you trying to be confusing or does it just come naturally?"

I just don't like to see him. It makes me sad and not for all those obvious boy breaks up with girl reasons...(because boy didn't break up with girl)...and we used to be friends and now we aren't...and that's my fault.

wmjwatson said...

Right... I was waiting for that explanation and asked about something ELSE too.
Multi-tasking!
So about this brain sharing thing....

spaceface01 said...

Yes, I totally am...both having a conversation in my comments and very very bored...
Possibly just being a really big slacker and using any excuse NOT to do work...

wmjwatson said...

Glad I could help.. although...if you ARE that bored or THAT much a slacker, you COULD always explain as you implied you were going to do.
Just a thought.
Passing thought, at that.

wmjwatson said...

I think this post jinxed me. I was driving to my night job (Team Trivia Thursday at BW3's in OP on Blanding plug plug) after discussing all this and was pulling off 295 to geton Park and was right next to this one chick I dated for a bit. Right up until she didn't like the fact that I didn't want to commit to her after three REAL dates (A few other meetings but only 3 "let's get together and go somewhere together" dates) and refused to cancel existing plans with a guy friend who was in a dart tourney to go hand out with her cause she "wanted to". ANYway, I liked her well enough but didn't know her enough to change my life in any way but there she was. Right next to me. Now I don't have the problem that Spaceface does. I waved. And waved. And got eye contact for all of a second. Waved some more. Called her cell, no answer. Left message. No reply. So maybe acting like I dont see them and hoping they dont see me would be better. Cause THAT pissed me off.

spaceface01 said...

A-HA!

wmjwatson said...

what do you mean "A-HA!"?