3.18.2005

My new toy...

I think I might kill myself if the chick behind me doesn’t stop talking. She has started again. First thing in the morning. Talking to herself about everything that pops up on her computer screen. Sometimes I wonder if she even knows she is doing it. I am aware. I do know that. I am aware and at 7 am, I want to gag her.

Boy is here early again this morning. I hate it when he does that. I don’t have time to drink my coffee and become coherent. I don’t like being groggy and inarticulate in the morning. And I especially don’t like being such when I am attempting charming and cute. Oh well…

Last night was the St. Patrick’s Day Happy Hour Party that I won and found out about two days ago. Turns out, all of the nurses and assistants from my old department showed up, which was pretty cool, considering that I haven’t seen most of them in ages, since I have been caged up in the telephone office so far away from them. I won an iPod, which might well be the highlight of my year. “I never win anything”, the words I uttered right before hearing my name called by the guy standing on the bar. I think I am in love. (not with the guy, with the toy.)

The guy on the bar was someone I don’t know, but he acted like we were old friends and actually walked by my table at one point, rustled my hair and said, “You look hot tonight!” I don’t recall ever seeing him before, so wasn’t really sure what he was comparing last night too. But I suppose that I should take that as a compliment. Confusing as it was.

And there she goes, the chick behind me. Reading her email. It goes like this:
Ridiculously loud, obnoxious laughter. “That’s cute, Sarah.”

First of all, there is no one named Sarah in this office. Secondly, don’t normal people comment in their HEADS? I dunno, maybe I am just bitter because I haven’t slept enough. But I have an iPod…that is really all that matters.

I really need to remember to put my CDs back in my car, because I absolutely must listen to something else soon.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “Alright”- John Legend

No comments: