3.18.2005

Really. You know what I hate more than anything? Being disrespected, being yelled at, being made feel like you are an inch tall. I am at work. I am doing my temporary, help out, good Samaritan job, when I get a call from a very angry employee who then blames me for something that I didn’t do (The idiot people here seem to think that all of us in this office are actually one person, with the exception, I assume, of BOY). Not only that, but to make matters worse, she starts yelling at me and talking to me like the information that I am giving her could not possibly be correct because I am a complete moron (Just for those of you who didn’t already know). Customer service is not a part of this temporary job. And I usually do this job the way that I would do any other, with courtesy and understanding and politeness and tact but today…

Don’t be an asshole to people if you don’t want them to be an asshole right back. That is the way that I live my life. Don’t be an asshole. So, this lady was an asshole, and I was an asshole right back and I am probably going to get in some trouble for it. Which is lovely. But you know, I don’t treat people like they are idiots just because I can. And I could. Because there are a lot of idiots in my work place. And there is no doubt in my idiotic mind that I am more intelligent than the majority (I don’t mean that in a big-headed sort of way, but I know that I am no dummy). I don’t need to be treated like that. It is insulting. But more than that, it pisses me the hell off…and I wanna smack that lady. Wench.

To top it all off, I am starting to think that the chick with the talking problem might be insane. Maybe she actually thinks that when she responds aloud to her email, the people actually hear her responses. Currently, she is navigating her way through the internet, guided by the sound of her own voice. Because you see, if she didn’t talk constantly, how would I know what she was doing ALL FUCKING DAY? I’m not bitter.

No comments: