3.10.2005

Thursday.

Skeezah is here today. I am not speaking to her. I haven’t seen her since the day that I learned of my relationship with Boy. It is actually kind of better this way anyway, she is addicted to the TV, and having it on shuts her up, which is nice, because we know what kind of garbage she spews when her mouth opens.

Tonight, Tiff and I are going to see Toots and the Maytals at the Freebird. I am excited I really like Toots. However, I am going to be feeling not-so-happy about it in the morning, I am sure. The show won’t start until 10 and then I will likely be there until 1 or so. I must take a nap today.

Grandpa is fine. He is having some issues with his bladder and the doc recommended another biopsy, considering his past bouts with prostate cancer. He will be 90 next month, so my aunt is coming down from the Carolinas so that we can take him out to dinner to celebrate. I can’t believe he is turning 90. I can’t believe that I am 25. I can’t believe that my grandma has been gone over two years.

In other very distressing news, Tara and her fiancĂ© broke up a few days ago. She is, needless to say, freaking out. And rightly so, I can’t imagine what she must be feeling. Well, I can…and I have been there with all but a ring, and for two years longer, so I guess I can imagine. She just happens to be taking it way harder than I did. I suppose because when it happened to me, I knew it was coming and I was ready and kind of wanted it. She had no idea. I just wish I could fix it. She is going to stay the weekend at my house. We will do stupid girl things and hate guys together.

I actually don’t hate guys, but I can pretend for the weekend so as to make her feel better.

No comments: