4.18.2005

Tomorrow is the last day of my stint as a telephone operator. Which is nice. I am anxious to get started at my real profession. Although, my days of slack are coming to an end, I am excited. I am looking forward to meeting new people and doing new things. I am optimistic. I think that being away from the clinic for a while has really helped me to relax. Aside from that, I think that I have learned a lot. And I have made some friends. I won’t be going back to the clinic just yet. I have another job waiting for me at the hospital starting Wednesday. It should be very different from what I have grown accustomed to and seems that it will also be very interesting. I will be working for a heart surgeon in the Heart Transplant Unit. Wish me luck.

I started to get a little sad today when I was leaving the office though. I have been made to feel really at home there. And really well liked. And, coming from my previous position, and work environment, it was a welcomed change. I am hopeful that wherever my permanent home turns out to be, that I will feel the same.

Change, change and more change. It is becoming a pattern. Not too bad…

Tiffany is thinking about coming this weekend. I am super excited because, even having seen her briefly, just a little over a week ago, it feels like ages. It has been really strange not having someone that “in my head” around. She should be here Saturday. And if all goes well, the weather will be good and we can sit in the sun and listen to reggae, just like I have been wanting to do. And who better to do it with?

Today has been long and my head has been cloudy and pounding. I plan to sleep as soon as I can and wake up refreshed to await my coffee, that I have been bitching about since I started there.

Here I go…

No comments: