5.12.2005

Twizzlers are much like gummy bears, once I get started. At least it isn’t pizza. Cause everyone knows, looking at pizza makes me gain ten pounds.

This week has been hectic. There have been several different shifts at work, many phone calls missed, many emails disregarded and many new things to learn. And yet, coming out of Thursday with the positive feeling of success is pretty satisfying. (much like the Twizzlers…Yum.) Tomorrow, I am forewarned, might kill me. I will have one-on-one interviews with two physicians. The first of the two, starting at 8:15, I will be the one in which I will be “grilled” (and these are the doctor’s words). And the second, at 11:30, should be a little easier to take. But it doesn’t end there. We will be short. But not “It’s okay, we can handle it” short. We will be the kind of short where the float (being me, having no knowledge of the inner-workings of this place) will be the ONLY, (yes, I said only) one here for two hours.

I am thanking my lucky stars at this moment that Happy Hour will be directly following the day. Directly following that, will be date #2 (or #3, depending on how you look at it) with the “hybrid male Crystal/Marc”. (I have to find a shorter way to refer to him). I am enjoying this time while conversations are still cute and the enthusiasm is still fresh. I don’t really tend to get excited about conversations with men (typically not because I don’t want to, but because there aren’t any that I care enough to attempt decent conversation with) so this is welcome and refreshing.

Ricky is the perfect example of the reason that conversation with boys is pointless. Example: I speak to Ricky, just about three times a week while I am driving home from work (stuck in traffic, rather). Ricky says every day, without fail, “You’re just leaving work?!” Like he hasn’t asked me that same question at least twice before, this week alone. Like he has no concept of time. Like he is a goldfish.

I love Ricky. And it is a shame that he has such a bad memory and/or bad listening skills. Either way. It is a little on the irritating side. And if he were here, I would kick him.

No comments: