7.12.2005

1. I really have to start by saying that I really do enjoy my job. Partially because I have no idea what I am doing and every day is like that movie “Clean Slate” (bad movie, but in this case, better than “Groundhog Day”). I pretty much just screw things up and then figure out how to fix them. How’s that for on the job training? It keeps me on my toes.

For the last few days, however, I have had so much to do and so little time to do it and I have felt like I am running in circles all day. The second something gets done, I find out that only the first step is done and that, what seemed to be a simple task, will inevitably take me all day. Or possibly all week. Possibly even until I turn thirty. This I can handle. Drug reps, I have learned, are the spawn of the devil himself and will not be tolerated. They are like little vultures trying to suck up all of your time and energy until you are too weak to protest.

For this reason, I take a solemn vow to cut any drug rep who speaks, breathes, or looks in my general direction tomorrow. One in particular. But I won’t get into all of that.

2. When the helicopter went down if Afganistan, a woman in my office lost her husband. I have no words for this. I am angry that the baby that they just adopted will now, only have a mother.

3. Someone I know was in the World Series of Poker. That rocks my face off.

4. I still haven’t spoken to Jay.

5. I got a text message this morning that said, “Good morning, sunshine, hope you have a great day.”

6. “Nothingman” could be one of the saddest songs…EVER…and it reminds me of being lifted out of a mosh pit just to push my way all the way back into it so that I could see Eddie sing it.

7. I have to go to a wedding on the two-year anniversary of Matt’s death. I don’t want to be around people. I want to spend it with people that I love. People that love Matt. I don’t want to be surrounded by people who are celebrating.

8. Letter still not mailed. I am a fucking wuss.

That’s all I got.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “Tiny Vessels” - DCFC

No comments: