4.18.2006

Hammy Easter

So…I boycotted Easter. Much like last year, only with no Jay, Scott, Roberto, or Grand Marnier. (Thank God that three of the four were not present.)

Last year on Easter, Spliff left me. She got in the car and drove back to Hoe-Town and left me all alone in our shack (I mean apartment) at the beach. So, in an effort to offset the utter depression, Eppernepperhart and I decided to see a movie. Little did we know that when we said “see a movie”, we actually meant “get really drunk and walk home fifteen blocks from the bar separately while talking to each other on cell phones”. Eh…plans change.

This year was tame. I managed to avoid the family (aside from one phone call from The Mother) and go to the beach (and get baked like an Easter Ham). That’s right, I look hot in a bikini. Oh wait…strike that…I look like a ham. Bygones. Anyway, I am sunburned. But it could be worse, someone could have decided to drag me home and put me on a spit. And no one did that. So all in all, I had a pretty good day complete with breakfast and Mimosas at the infamous Sun Dog. (Ironically, the same place I spent Easter with Jay last year.) And no day is a bad day if it involves mimosas…

Unless of course, you are drinking them in a car in the IHOP parking lot in the middle of the night. But we stopped doing that a long time ago…(last weekend).

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Hazy Shade of Winter" - Simon and Garfunkel

1 comment:

nadthemayor said...

i know you will see this and regaurdless if it gets published... you do look hot in a bikni and you were salty after cooking too! :*
i couldn't have come up with a better way to spend the day. i take that back i would still be there. i miss you.