10.04.2006

Devil Shoes and Lawyers

I keep thinking that these devil shoes are going to get more comfortable if I “just try them out one more time” and am not satisfied until my feet are blistered and bleeding. I am seriously considering taking my happy ass to target at lunch and buying some stupid flats and just risk having ugly shoes that don’t hurt, rather than super cute shoes that feel like they are made solely of nails and fire. Why do I do this to myself?

I think I left the iron on again. I am almost positive that if you went back a couple of months in this blog, you would find that today is the exact repeat of several days in the past where I have woken up super groggy and forgot everything but my head and (of course) the devil shoes. So now, I have to go home sometime between now and meeting one, or between meeting one and meeting two…which leaves me about five minutes to get anything done. So…naturally, I am using my time wisely…and blogging.


In other news, I met with an investigator from a law firm last night about the accident…I know, it was almost a year ago, but up until now, no one would even meet with me. He took all of the information and did the “I can’t believe this” chuckle that everyone does when I tell them about the accident. He had that look that screams, “I don’t know whether to be sympathetic or to laugh like crazy at you right now”. Keep in mind, these are all things that I am quite used to, so they don’t bother me anymore. What does bother me is not knowing what I have gotten myself into. Yes, I am in pain and have been for almost a year and yes, it sucks tremendous amounts of ASS but I am worried that I will go through all this and then no one will be able to do anything for me. I really do hope that’s not the case.

At this point, there is nothing I can do but wait to see what kind of advice I get. And it is so early in the process, I don’t expect to know anything very soon and for the moment am just excited that someone gave enough of a damn to come and talk to me about it. Even if he thinks it’s hilarious.

Hell, it is kind of hilarious. I mean, think about it.

ME: I got into an accident with an uninsured motorist.
HIM (or anyone): Oh yeah? Can you tell me what happened?
ME: Here’s the short version. I got hit by a dead guy. Oh yeah. And the car was stolen.

The end.

No comments: