7.15.2007

The Bathtub Again

When I feel like killing someone or breaking things, I typically resort to sleep. I get into bed and I stay there until I no longer feel violent or upset. Needless to say, anger paired with the wicked hangover I was nursing on Friday, was pretty debilitating. I pulled the covers up and took a sleeping pill and slept ZH out of my head. It worked until I woke up.

I spent Friday in a half-asleep fog but had decided that Friday was all I was getting. I wasn't going to spend the entire weekend moping around, wishing that I had said a bunch of stuff that wouldn't have made a bit of difference anyway. So, Saturday morning, I got up, showered and went out with Spliff for lunch. I invited a bunch of friends to the house for some much needed fun and before I knew it, I was doing shots of a vodka concoction that JM was mixing up in the kitchen while Mr. Johnson snapped pictures. Like any other time Mr. Johnson is at my house, we ended up in the bathtub cutting holes in beer cans and then trying not to end up wearing more beer than we drank. This time, there were a whole lot more people so the bathtub was more crowded than ever before. Despite Thing Two insisting on calling Rad Neighbor "Pants-Off Dance-Off", the night went well. It felt good to have friends over to help me forget about all of the madness that had been running through my head for the last few days.

I am fairly certain that I will be asleep by 7pm this evening and that I will spend the majority of tomorrow trying to get my ass in gear, but I am totally up for the challenge. If nothing else came of the ZH situation, at least we know where we stand. And at least we have the closure that I think we both desperately needed.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ugh relationships are so complex. Ask me why it's almost 3 years later and B and I still have issues. The answer is I have no idea except that life is weird and makes you want to take naps in the middle of the day one minute and then have a pants-off-dance-off party the next. Hang in there.

spaceface01 said...

Doesn't it just make you want to play in traffic? They should have a pill for this...(Or maybe that is why so many people are on anti-depressants...)