7.27.2004

Today I accidentally announced to my department that I have accepted a new position. A promotion. Now everyone is making me feel like crap. I found out last week and had kept it quiet because there are a few classes that I will need to take before I am actually going to be doing the job. Today someone that I did tell about it, (I suppose she thought that I had already told everyone) came up to congratulate me. So now, every 5 seconds someone is at my desk telling me how happy they are for me. I am kind of sad actually. I have worked in this department for four years and I have grown really attached to the people here. The doctors that I work for, especially. They really are great. One of them came out of his office, pretended he was sobbing, said, “we try to raise them right, and then they just…grow up and LEAVE US!”, and then called me a bitch in sign language…which is an interesting reaction to say the least. I can’t even imagine what it will be like in two months when I am actually leaving. It makes me sad…but SO happy at the same time. I need out of this job. Bad. But I need a lot of things…
I was just sitting next to two old men that volunteer at the hospital I work at. I was eating lunch and eavesdropping on their conversation. One of the men was saying that his grandchildren are coming to visit him and his wife for the first time without their parents. He said he was going to “spoil the hell out of them”. It is so refreshing to hear. Grandparents are so great, I wish I could have mine around all the time. I wish I was still a little kid.

No comments: