11.11.2004

Let it shine...

7 Days left!

So, today I went to lunch with L. I asked her, despite her “engagement” ring, if she would ever considering going back to boys. She said she never thought about it. I doubt that. I could not just decide one day that I want to date chicks. I would think that she would have had to have always liked chicks in order to do that. Because, for those of you who believe that being gay is a choice, can you just change your mind right now and DECIDE to be ridiculed by your peers AND your president? (Not MY president though, MY president would never be such a bigot…) I couldn’t do it…and I am one of the LEAST homophobic people that I know. I love L. but she confuses the hell out of me. She liked boys more than anyone I know and then one day, we go to the gay club to watch the drag show, and then BAM! She is dating a chick…(one that we have known for years and had dated a friend of mine, no less.) That is weird. Weird, weird, weird. So, I will sit and ponder.

Something about today reminds me of my grandma. It makes me want to sing, “This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine…” It makes me smile. I always pictured a little tiny Asian girl with a candle when I was little and I heard that song. I have no idea why that is.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “Strange Magic”-ELO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lesbians are the coolist :):)

Jon said...

I thought about "deciding" to be gay. I mean I am hella funny, clean and a snappy dresser. Plus I'm snarky. The whole pounding in the ass thing scared me off. So no, I don't think anyone can "decide" to be gay. As crazy as them beotches are, I still love 'em. Thats just my 2 cents worth.