11.29.2004

Rutabaga Post

Jason wants me to “post something cool” so he has something to read…I am not really sure that my current environment will provide me with enough cool things to talk about to entertain you, Jason. But you know I will do my best although I am really not used to blogging on demand.

Ummm….

So, today I called to schedule my very last test for my transfer into my new position. I will take it on Wednesday morning. I am really excited and I am hoping that it isn’t that hard…or that I don’t completely panic and blow it. I need to do well, because the better I do, the more money I make. And we all know I need some cash!

I am really not looking forward to Christmas. I am broke. And I don’t want to buy or receive presents. So, if anyone is reading this…I am boycotting, don’t get me anything, because then I will have to live with the tremendous guilt of not having gotten you anything. Because I am not doing it. (Except you, Jason, because of RUTABAGA day…)

There is this patient that comes here for his physical every year, he is super old and super adorable, and whenever he comes, he stands in the middle of our huge lobby and sings. The funny part about this is that he somehow commands the entire lobby to do the same. So from my desk in the back, I can always hear him start and then, before long, there are about 20 people singing. I just heard it. “We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas…” It is funny that it happened just as I was talking about how I am not doing it this year. Ironic. Nonetheless, I love that old, singing man. He makes me happy. I do wonder, though, if he takes requests. I wouldn’t mind a little “Sweet Child O’ Mine” or some “Fuck the Police”. Bygones.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “Sunshine Smile”- Adorable

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice c in true pimp fashion you deliverd. That way I dont have to axsk you anything any time soon.