2.04.2005

The Kanye/Big Boi show was last night, (in actuality, it was the PEPSI SMASH show…which included some idiot guy named Ryan something or other and Ciara, but we didn’t show up until AFTER they were done). Man…Kanye is awesome. And Big Boi kicked ass! I wish that Andre had been there too though. It seemed kind of silly listening to “Ms. Jackson” and a lot of their other old stuff, without him there.

We dipped out during Big Boi’s last song so that we could catch the shuttle…(I will get into that whole thing later) and heard Boyz II Men singing about a block away, so ran over there. I am a dork, I know, but they were singing “End of the Road”. I always loved that song. I have a very cheesy memory of it…involves the last day of 8th grade…but I don’t plan to share. Anyway, that was the last song that they played, so we left afterwards. But all in all, it was a good night.

Just let me warn all of you locals about this weekend though. If you have any fear of crowds, public transportation, or turkey legs, do not, I repeat DO NOT leave the house this weekend. First of all, this shuttling thing that they are doing…not so efficient. They have ONE pickup point, so everyone in Jacksonville is parking there, getting on a Greyhound and heading out to the same place. In theory, it is a good idea to shuttle people in, however, if you are going to have a shuttle, wouldn’t it make sense to have more than one point to get ON the bus? What happens they way that they have set it up, is this: Everyone in the entire city is driving to the same point anyway. Traffic (which is what I believe they were trying to improve with this shuttle) is at a complete standstill. Then you get there, have to park a mile from the pickup…and walk…in the freezing rain…and then stand there for 45 minutes, still in the freezing rain…and wait for a bus…So, we missed the first hour of the concert…(All part of my evil plan) and then got there JUST AS Kanye West was walking onto stage!

I think that most of the people that I was there with had no idea who Kanye West was. I don’t think that they had much of an idea who Big Boi was either…and I think I was the only one who didn’t know who Ryan CabbnoahfuhWHO? was. I am going to have to look this fool up, I have no idea who he is! I am sure I am better off that I missed it. You can almost always tell how bad the music is by the number of stupid teenagers wearing really bad clothing. I saw a lot of those, I knew it might be bad.

“Lab Boy” is impossible. He is a sweet kid…but he will not get it through his head that I am NEVER going to date him. And by never, I really mean never. The thing is, I have only said it in a nice, trying not to crush the ego sort of way, which evidently has absolutely no effect at all on him. I hate having to be an asshole in situations like this, but it is becoming apparent, that that is the only way that things will be resolved.

Also…the incessant talker behind me is at it again. The one problem with this job is that, with this chick, it is never quiet. She really does talk constantly, whether it is mumbling, whispering, she even READS OUTLOUD. It is constant, and if I weren’t remarkably calm at the moment, I might be very angry about it this morning. I was earlier…but right now…I feel like I might be sleeping. Hmmm…strange.

No comments: