3.04.2005

Casper sent me this note from one of the docs in my old department.

Hi!!I see you are now on Crystal’s desk, which seems only fitting. I hope This will be your new position, and I know you will do well. This Position carries not only the prestige and mistique of its succesor, but also Its responsabilities. The torch has now been passed. (BLAH, BLAH, BLAH). Welcome back and GOOD LUCK!!!

Prestige. Mystique. I rock. I hope Casper knows what she has gotten into. Really though. I am so glad to be out of that place, I can’t see straight.

“Boy” has failed, as of yet, to bring me coffee. He does make some every morning when he comes in and says, “Crystal, here’s your Starbucks!” Knowing that it is the muddy water most commonly referred to as “Maxwell House”. Oh well. I manage to stop at Starbucks most mornings anyway, and then drive 85 miles an hour to get here on time. Which I do. Good thing for me. I started writing last night. I mean really writing again. Although, I think it was more to avoid plunging into my Algebra homework than to actually write anything. Nonetheless, I did it and I am proud of myself. I stayed up too late last night and I feel as though my eyes are detached from their sockets. That might have something to do with the Captain Morgan and Diet Coke I drank. But…whatever. It is Friday. And really all I have to do today is:

1. Put makeup on before “Boy” gets here.
2. Do the job that a monkey could do for 7 more hours.
3. Meet with my supervisor at 2:30.

Happy Friday to ME!

No comments: