6.09.2005

Heeeere, lizard, lizard, lizard...

I have been in a state of utter exhaustion for the last few days. Seems that not sleeping well for two weeks will do that to you. My body hates me and my head feels like an elephant stepped on it.

Even having witnessed yesterday’s dance recital in the office (to my Michael Jackson CD), I couldn’t quite wake up. And after lunch, the day felt like it would never end. When I crawled into bed at 6pm, I expected to be wide awake (because that is always what happens to me), but crashed hard as soon as my head hit my pillow. I woke up at eight and saw Casper’s head peering through my open sliding glass door and was only able to form a sentence when she smacked herself in the face with the blinds. We shared a pizza and my thousandth viewing of “Mermaids” and then I went back to bed. Watching Christina Ricci almost die while Winona Ryder earns the title of “town tramp” is very tiring for me. It’s an emotional roller coaster.

Pookie keeps sending me lyrics from “The Wrong Band” and today when I came home, it was the first song that came on my Launchcast radio. Figures. Lots of (as Spliff calls them) “of course moments” lately. (OF COURSE I AM!)

There has been a lizard in my room for days. He is living in Ernge’s litterbox. I found him there the other day and thought he was dead so I tried to get him out, but he ran…not far, just around the box…and he is there…right now…staring at me. I don’t get it. I thought that maybe he just couldn’t get out, but I proved that theory wrong today when I tried to help him out again. But he ran to the ledge and threatened to jump. I chased him back in because at the very least, if he is in there, he won’t be under my bare foot. I have a new pet. I am just waiting for Ernge to eat him. I think that they must have an agreement though, because I know that Ernge is using the litterbox, and I also know that the little lizard guy is missing part of his tail. Maybe they have something worked out. Ernge is no help in this matter. I can only say that, even if I were a lizard, I would not want to live where Ernge…goes…because my cat can be a smelly little bastard.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “Circles”- Soul Coughing

No comments: