11.09.2005

Adjectives

Today was a pretty good day for my first day of the work week. I didn’t want to get out of bed. I didn’t want to sit in traffic. I didn’t want to see those people and face the undone work that awaited me. But I did it. And even managed to be fairly productive. I think that was because JGJ wasn’t at work today and I wasn’t sending constant emails to him talking about pants*.

I got the time for my next vacation approved which was definitely exciting. Considering that before just last month, I hadn’t taken one in over two years. (Some of you might remember that one…it was the one with the seven hours of Indianapolis airport hell in a beer soaked ensemble. Yeah…that one.) This one should prove to be interesting. A January in Washington.

When I think of the word ‘vacation’, I usually picture white, sandy beaches and an infinite blue sea…but this will have to do. Snow capped mountains and the space needle will have to be enough. And I do believe they will be…(even though the thought of snow chills me to the bone.) Because with the cold and the snow comes fireplaces and hot cocoa and a boy I never seem to tire of.

The mere thought of the whole thing stirs up the butterflies in my stomach. And not because I am nervous to see him (how could I be?), but because this time, we are on his turf. There will be no safety net. No reinforcements. No comfort zone. Just a bunch of people who love him and will inevitably judge the hell out of me. And that’s terrifying. I don’t care who you are.

Somehow, even when I was spilling my guts into a letter, I didn’t think that it would be this real, this fast. (I do realize that the letter was seven years in the making). It is all becoming very serious now. Very real that I could be leaving home very soon. And however terribly frightening it is, it is exhilarating at the same time. Freeing. Maddening. Horrifying. Comforting.

I can think of several more adjectives, but we don’t have time for that.

Ernge and I are too engaged in our game of “Mama got a laser pointer!”

Peace out.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Drive"- Blind Melon

3 comments:

nadthemayor said...

Dude! i have taken the month off to work the unholy hell out of my port... and yes there is more.
across country is a long way to run with your arms out wide. you may get tired of holding them out wide. my arms hurt when i do it for to long.

wmjwatson said...

What's with the asterix?

spaceface01 said...

DUDE! That doesn't mean you can't email me when I am at work...you need to think about what is really important here...GAAAWWWSH.