11.16.2005

Am I adult or what?

I had Fiona since I decided one fateful day on my way into work at Orange Hell that I would slam my mom’s minivan into the side of Sears. It was a fun time, complete with cursing at police and a rather nasty airbag burn. So, what better to do than get me a car, right? Right. Fiona, being a tank and all, protected me from ever driving through a brick wall again. She brought me many, many places and traveled with me many, many miles. And I love her.

Fiona was always registered under my mom’s name and today, I bought a car. I have a title. I have a fucking title that says MY name and I have an apartment that no one lives in but me. I am a fucking adult. Whoa.

Now for the hard part: Naming the new ride.

I am a firm believer that a car with no name brings bad luck. Many people will disagree, but I don’t care. I am naming her. But I need suggestions. She is white with beige, leather interior and she is all shiny and even has a speedometer. That’s right folks, it doesn’t stay at 0 mph. It does this weird thing. The needle moves to the higher numbers when I accelerate, and then it goes down again when I brake. Who knew cars were so modern these days?

Anyway, so on the way home from picking her up from the dealership, while John Legend and I sang together, I was thinking of names. Here’s what we came up with:

1. Lucille – Because it sounds classic and well…feminine. And because I really like the song.
2. Lucy – Because that is just a cute name for anything. Except that chick from 7th Heaven who I want to strangle.
3. Claire
4. Betty

I am just not sure that any of these fit. Help me out. In the meantime, I am going to sit around and bask in my maturity. Okay…not maturity…wrong word. I mean adulthood.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “The Will to Live” – Ben Harper

9 comments:

wmjwatson said...

How about Mahidabel? Or Matilda? Or Imogene?

Coconut Pete said...

How about Wanda or Pene-lope or hey maybe Cerse....give em a shot

spliffany said...

what about wednesday (it was the day u goy her), or hey, what about spliffany, that's a good one

spliffany said...

i mean GOT her. geeze

spaceface said...

I already named one of my closest friends Spliffany! Duh.

spaceface said...

Ricky...The way you spelled that, it looks like you are supposed to say it like this PEENY-LOPE...you big dork...
LOVE YOU.

Tommy T. said...

Nadine, the perfect name for a car. Listen to the chuck berry tune. Or go with Christine, after the car in the stephen king book of the same name.

the idiot said...

Shabuta Jenkins. Problem solved.

spaceface said...

Rack is a damn genius!

I never would have thought of that because you know...then people would be confused as to whether you were talking about ME or my car!

But...hmmm...