12.22.2005

Christmas and Crossed Fingers

I am finally, despite the horrible Backstreet Boys Christmas disaster playing in the background currently, getting into the Christmas spirit. I am giving all of the credit to the late Bing Crosby for singing my holiday for 26 years. Thanks, papa Bing…

I do, however, have to give some of the credit to Sarah, who wrote a Christmas post that I sincerely loved. It’s really heart warming to see that people still love Christmas…for the right reasons.

I have been in a great mood overall for the past few days and for the first time since my family spent Christmas Day in the very hospital where I work, I actually am almost looking forward to hot cocoa and present opening at Mom’s house. Granted, it isn’t like it was when I was a kid, but I think for the first time since my grandma’s passing, I will actually be able to let it be a happy day.

Anyway, despite being without power this morning and being over an hour late for work because of it, I am in great spirits. This could have to do with several things.

1. Ricky should be in Miami by now. That means in just over a week, he will be here!
2. Tomorrow my Pookie and I will be celebrating our 26th birthdays…(And The Idiot’s 27th! HA!)
3. FH, Spliff and Eppernepperhart will be here soon!
4. I got a totally rad camera for Christmas and I have seriously had to stop myself from staring lovingly at it since I got it.
5. My office is abuzz with Christmas carols and holiday cheer. (Which is odd because, in my last department, people just sat around and stuffed their faces with chocolate and bitched about being broke.)

The bad news is though, that I am going to have to get a lawyer. I am not looking forward to this. And really, I just want it all to be over. But the owner of the car that hit me (who was NOT the driver of the car) had very limited insurance…meaning, they are now going to try and screw me and make me settle. That won’t happen. I called my insurance company (was advised that settling is the worst possible thing to do right now) and then called a law office and scheduled a consultation. So now, between holidays, company, physical therapy and work I have to manage to find time to add in lawyers. Woo-fucking-hoo!

But…really…I can handle it. I just hope that, in the end, it will be worth all of this…
I am keeping my fingers crossed. You should too.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “Arms of a Woman” – Amos Lee

1 comment:

The Radical Notion said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I liked your blog. We use the same template:)