10.10.2006

I Spoke too Soon

Just when I thought the transition was going to be easy.

Turns out, the townhouse that “we” fell in love with is already taken. Which is both good and bad. The part that sucks is that the rent was perfect and the deposit was NOT one month’s rent (it was only half!). This is a rarity. Normally, I’ve found, people want the first month’s rent AND an equal deposit. I’m not shocked about this. I just wish it wasn’t so.

Anyway, it looks like we will be going with the second place apartment. Which, was only second place due to its lack of fenced in yard, and you know…second floor. It is, in fact, three blocks or so closer to the beach. (Thus, putting us three blocks from the beach.) And because we are spoiled brats, we are still further from it than we would like. Yep. We are bitches. (I feel the need to quote Winona and just say, “Lick it up, baby. Lick. It. Up.” Ahem…I feel better, don’t you?)

So, the plan is to put the deposit (of entirely too much money) down on the place today. We have already spoken to the lady who seems enthusiastic about renting to us anyway and being that we already know the neighborhood (it is just a few short blocks from our LAST shack…er…apartment.) and the neighbors (Magic Mike and The Molester will be closer than EVER.), it won’t take much to get back into the groove of living there. I’m excited for my psyche, not so much for my bank account.

I’m sure it will all work out. Now I just have to focus on getting all of my shit packed again! AGAIN. Next time, I am setting fire to all of it in the front yard. Except Ernge.

No comments: