11.27.2006

The Mood

I’ve been in a mood.

It could be because I absolutely am loathing my job these days. I shouldn’t say that. I should say that I am absolutely loathing the atmosphere at my job. People are stupid and petty and…well…I’m over it. I come to work in a perfectly good mood and leave wanting to strangle people. I know what you’re thinking…”But Criz, you always want to strangle people!” And you’re right, I do want to strangle someone most of the time. But most of the time, they are people at work.

I’ve been dealing with a lot of office drama lately. Office drama that could be avoided if there wasn’t such a lack of mutual respect, if there were a system or strategy for training new employees, if there were better communication, or if people would…like…grow the hell up. But…I have accepted that these are things that are out of my control and that I will have to live with them and refrain from choking bitches, then eventually, things will work themselves out. In the meantime though, there will be moods.

Unfortunately for the people who have to actually talk to me when I leave work, until things are in order, there will be bitching.

My mood could also have something to do with a cold. A cold that isn’t so terrible that I have been coughing and sneezing and bedridden, but a cold that is just annoying enough that I never quite feel like I’ve gotten enough sleep. A cold that sticks in the back of my throat just so that I never forget about it but can’t use it as an excuse to get out of anything that I don’t want to do. A cold that insists on screwing with my body temperature just enough that what I am wearing is never what I want to be wearing and I am always ever so slightly uncomfortable.

I don’t know which is responsible for “The Mood”, but I am pretty sure that they are taking turns trying to push me over the edge. But it’s not gonna work, “The Cold” and “The Office Drama”, I am stronger and smarter and well…face it…I’m prettier than you. So, there.


Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Come Over" - Aaliyah

No comments: