11.28.2006

Dreams and "The Mood" (continued...)

This morning, after my 7am meeting where my supervisor tried to bribe us with breakfast pizza, coffee and fruit, I thought I would try to kill “The Mood” with some ever-so-cheerful Christmas music. So, instead of pushing the “My Station” button on the Launch toolbar, I hit “Pop Christmas”. Before the music even started to play, I had read the words, “Hilary Duff” and skipped the song. Then? Then it was some stupid version of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”. That’s when I decided that maybe I like “The Mood” more than I like Christmas music and hit “My Station” where there is no threat of Hilary Duff or Santa. Go figure. I’m Scrooge.

“The Mood” prevails.

In other news, I had a bunch of weird dreams last night. One involved a very angry leper. I wish I could remember the entire thing. But all I really remember is that a) someone’s big toe fell off and I actually pointed it out to them. Like this: Pointing. “Ummm…Your toe”. B) There was a really disgusting part where the leper (who was evidently someone I know but I can’t remember who) was very angry at me for not wanting to touch him. And he got up, came into my room, yelled at me and spattered blood all over everything I owned and then I had to do laundry. It was the scariest/messiest dream that I have had in a long time. (Aside from the whole, chunks of my scalp kept falling off one…What the hell is up with my dreams? People losing chunks of flesh?!)

There were other dreams too. Involving lots of old friends, some exes, and some current friends. All of whom, were super pissed at me for a variety of reasons. Reasons I didn’t understand. And no matter what I did, it was like I was invisible. No one would listen to me. Nothing I did was good enough. I was completely alone. And I had wronged the entire planet.

Needless to say, I woke up feeling like a complete shithead. Which is fun. Especially when you have to be to work at 7am and sit through one of the lovely meetings where everyone is two faced and generally bitchy anyway. Throw in “The Mood” and you’ve got one cranky little Criz.

When will it all END?!

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" - Smashing Pumpkins

No comments: