1.31.2007

Stuff I never said...

Okay, so as some of you know, I totally read This Fish all the time, because…well…I have done so for the last (insert ridiculous amount of time here). Anyway, she recently (today) wrote a post about things that she has left unsaid…and wow…what a great idea. I thought, “I am totally going to be unoriginal and steal her idea!” and then I thought, “How therapeutic!?”

(I promise I am not one of those people who copy Fish all the time…I never have…and lookie! I gave her props! Please don’t shoot!)

So, here it is:

I don’t understand our friendship and sometimes I don’t know why I want to continue it.

Sometimes when I am with you, I feel like the ugly friend.

Most of the time I feel like I have let you down and that I don’t live up to the person you’ve always expected me to be. I used to care. But you let me down too.

I wish I would have had more time with you.

Yes, that’s right, I think your wife is an ugly skank. And I probably shouldn’t have cared, but I did anyway.

I know that I don’t spend enough time with you, but it scares/hurts me to see that you are getting old.

What I did to you was completely unfair and I am sorry. I still think of you every day.

I totally dropped your pizza on the floor before I served it to you. You should be nicer to people, asshole.

I’m hardest on you because I love you the most.

I became friends with you to be closer to him. It worked.

I should have hit you with my car and pushed you into the river but I knew that, since someone had already tried to hit you with a car, you’d have probably seen it coming.

You really should grow up. Seriously.

I admire you so much for being so strong, brilliant and beautiful. You truly are a role model. I’m so grateful that you are in my life.

I’m glad that she came around because now I am free of you.

I can see your makeup line. Every day. It irritates the bejesus out of me. I will buy you some new foundation. I promise.

I never liked feeling like you couldn’t live without me. I felt confined and smothered.

I think you hide behind your ex because you don’t want to find yourself. It makes me sad. Because I know you and even like you. And usually, I am a pretty good judge of character.

I miss you and I know I should call but I wouldn’t know what to say.

I guess that’s enough for now…but I was right. I feel better. Much better. (Insert sigh of relief.)

Thanks, Fish.

No comments: