4.25.2007

Hunting...and Writing

So...many of you may be wondering about the job hunt...

Well...it is going. I had an interview scheduled for last Monday and then a crazy doctor lady called and asked me to come for another one in the afternoon. I was offered both. I opted for crazy. Mainly because the first one involved dentists and children. Ick. I am deathly afraid of both. Crazy doesn't scare me so much.

I start at the holistic medicine office on Monday at some point. In the meantime, I have been spending assloads of money that I don't have on things like tube tops and beachy little "towel dresses". Because I am uber-responsible and everything.

For the first time in my life, I knew that the people interviewing me, wanted ME far more than I wanted THEM. I am perfectly happy with no job and an unemployment check (because yes, I got unemployment even though I quit). I prefer waking up at 9am and watching The L-Word until noon. I prefer drinking a pot of coffee and then perfecting my tan (read: freckles). But I knew that, at some point, I would have to get a job. So, I took a ridiculous job at a holistic medicine office where I am not sure what my duties will be but I am fully aware that the doctor loves me to the point that she is insistent on touching me...pretty much all the goddamn time. She likes my soul and she introduced me to some of her clients before even offering me the job. (Slightly scary.)

I have, however, spoken to my attorney and have agreed on a settlement for the accident. Which makes things all the more fantastic. It means that, atop my retirement money from "hell", I will be getting a pretty significant (to a poor bitch like me) settlement. YAY!

I also accepted an internship as a music writer for an online magazine. THAT, my friends, is all I've ever wanted. Pay or no pay, the shit ROCKS. So...for now...in the land of the Criz...things are looking up...

1 comment:

nadthemayor said...

gone get 'em tiger...