4.11.2007

Work and Dancing

I am here on, what will most likely be, my last hour at my current job. I won't get into the details just yet, but I will say that I started thinking about how miserable this company has made me for more than half of the time I have been here and how, even though it looks good on paper, it isn't really doing wonders for my sanity. I kept thinking that the grass would be greener one department over or in another position, but the truth is, politics are politics and hell is hell. Having been unhappy and stressed out for so long, I am not sure what this feeling is in the pit of my stomach, but from what I remember, it could be relief.

I am going to try my hand back in the bartending game again (where obviously, I could make more money and would not dream about medical terms and punctuation or have nightmares about insane patients or getting yelled at by doctors…) I have always enjoyed being able to interact with people and it will be nice to be able to do so on not such a pretentious and painful level. Aside from that, the extra time during the day that I will have will make school an easier feat…and when that is all over (18 months), I will be able to get a job wherever I want…paying much more than I am making now. It really is about time I got my ass in gear. Now I just have to worry about finding a gig that will be able to support Monday Martinis and well…all that other shit I have to pay for.

On a lighter note, I have never been fan of "Dancing with the Stars" and until about 2 weeks ago, had never even bothered to watch it. Spliff really likes it, so I have been humoring her and managing to catch only the episodes where people get kicked off. I have a couple things to say about this.

1. Although I have never been a big fan of N'Sync…(Okay, at ALL a fan of N'Sync)…I am starting to fall madly in love with "My Big Fat Greek Joey" and…I am disturbed by this. But holy crap, he dances like big italian angel. That's all I'm gonna say about that…because really, seriously, I am so ashamed.

2. Ian Ziering…is there some reason that you irritated the bejesus out of me on my favorite show, "Beverly Hills, 90210" and now you are uber-adorable? What is happening to me? Have I overlooked your cuteness for all these years? Or has someone planted a chip in my brain that makes me attracted to people who once made me want to vomit?

3. To all the professional dancer chicks on that show…I effing hate you. Your bodies are perfect. I know what you're going to say, "If you danced for 18 hours a day, then your body might look like this too…" but the fact is, ladies…I want YOUR bodies, but I want to sit on my ass and WATCH you dance with "My Big Fat Greek Joey" and Ian. I don't want to have to DO it. So…you suck.

On that note, I suppose I should do something constructive before I walk out of here forever…not that…blogging isn't completely important…umm…yeah.

No comments: