5.11.2007

Thirty and Someone to Wife Up

I don’t know what it is about the age of thirty and the men in my life. Seriously, people, I thought that women were supposed to be the ones flipping out about not being married by the time they were thirty. I am not flipping out about that. I am flipping out about having not done anything monumental by thirty…and by monumental, I mean like, a Nobel Prize, not a wedding.

I’ve had quite a few conversations with my nearing-thirty guy friends lately who seem hopeless that they will ever find someone to “wife up” (Quote of the year: “I’m trying to find someone cool that I can wife up.”). Did thirty just become the end of the line for well-respected, attractive guys? Was there some kind of shift in the universe that changed the fact that men can have children until they are 103 and women are the ones who should be worried?

I, for one, couldn’t care less about having children and honestly, if I get married, I will be quite surprised. But, dudes? What is your freaking RUSH??? Your eggs aren’t going to dry up. I promise. Unless there is something about you that I don’t know. In which case, well, I don’t know what to tell you. Geez…

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Rainbow" - G. Love and Jack Johnson

No comments: