7.09.2004

There is a man with no teeth wandering around the halls at my job telling everyone about the time he got shot. This bothers me.

So…Today I talked with my other half. Technically, she is someone else’s other half (her husband’s)…but…we are like the same person. She is pregnant and she lives in Indiana. (Just for the record, I need to ask, why IS it that all of my best friends except two live in different states? Are they TRYING to get away?) Anyway, she is doing really well, it seems. But I am really kind of upset because I have missed her ENTIRE pregnancy, and that truly sucks!

Tory and I have been friends since we were 15 and she asked me (pointing to my over-sized black tee-shirt with a picture of Jim Morrison on it) if I liked The Doors. That was it, we were best friends from that moment on. Somewhere along the line, she got a boyfriend who was the most rotten, hateful, psychotic piece of shit that I had ever met and he hated me even when I was nice and sweet and never said anything mean to him. So he, along with several other factors, turned us against each other, they broke up, she moved to Indiana, and we lost 3 years of friendship.

We have been friends again for three years…but she lives so far away. It is really weird to have a friend that is so much a part of you that you feel like you are missing them every minute. It sounds creepy, I guess, but I remember the three years that we didn’t speak, just being crushed about it. I couldn’t even talk about her. And then one day, Brandy and I went to my Mom’s house and there, on the table with my other mail, was an envelope, address in MY handwriting, I thought…return address: Indiana.

Anyway, I have missed the entire thing. The morning sickness, the weird cravings, the baby shopping and I hate it! If you asked me a couple of years ago, there is no way that I would have thought I would ever be in her life again anyway, but now…Now I feel like we are wasting time with her living so far away! I feel like we should constantly be together to make up for all that time we spent bitter and missing each other. Who knows…

At least we are friends again. At least I know that she has found someone wonderful and that he loves her ALMOST as much as I do…

AND NO, Chris, I am not just saying this because you might read it!

No comments: