11.18.2004

Almost a sexertary!

This chick just told Dr. Mac that I am going to be a sexertary! That caught me a little off guard. I may have blushed!

Today is my LAST day of class! I just have to take my stupid transcription test and I am DONE!
I am so excited! So close, so close!

Fish Head is coming in tomorrow from Tampa because she will be in California for Thanksgiving. So she is coming this weekend so that Mom can make dinner for us then. Fish Head and I both hate spending Thanksgiving with the step-family. They are weird. Also, my idea of Thanksgiving is a little more traditional than the way that they do things. I don't particularly enjoy walking into a house with an entire roast pig on the dining room table. It scares me. And being that I was a vegetarian for so long, I can't really eat anything that has legs or a head. Unless of course, I can't see either of those things. Then I can pretend that beef grew on a tree.

I guess that I just grew accustomed to having the standard, sit-down like a family Thanksgiving meal and now that we have merged with someone else's family, I miss the good old days. When I told my mom that I didn't want to go to the festivities she gave me the guilt trip of a lifetime. Excuse me for not wanting to spend yet another holiday with a bunch of people who don't even really consider us family after 13 years. I am sorry that I don't enjoy listening to salsa music and eating rice and beans for Thanksgiving. Any other day is fine, but I feel like I don't belong there on Thanksgiving. I want to sit down at a table and eat turkey and stuffing and all that stuff with grandparents and MY family. Oh well, I guess I can't win 'em all. Mom is trying, she is good about that, I think sometimes she misses it too.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Fins"- Jimmy Buffett

1 comment:

Pookie.... said...

You can come to my house!!! or my grammies I am doing it twice.... So can you!