2.20.2005

Today, I have locked myself in my bedroom with a book, a cup (several, rather) of green tea, and my cat. It has been lovely. I am off tomorrow, and Tiff is in Orlando, so I decided to take advantage of the fact that I am still a little sick and all alone, so I have an excuse to be a sloth. I love days like this. Although, I did feel a little guilty because it was absolutely beautiful outside and I was in here, locked away, reading a cheesy girl book that D. insisted I would love. And...I am ashamed, I liked it.

I am beginning to feel a little like a recluse though, that is two books this week that I have read and completely ignored all responsibility. I imagine that will all change tomorrow though, Tiff will be home and I will have to be social again. Grrr...

Now I wouldn't mind a glass of wine. I am thinking about going to get one. I don't typically go out alone, but I almost feel like it would be a lovely end to a pretty decent day. I don't know if I could do it though...coffee, yes...wine...not so sure.

There is something so foreign to me about dining alone. Having coffee is...somehow, much less...painful. And even then, I need a book most of the time. Or else, I feel myself feeling awkward. Luckily, lately, I like books much more than I like people. Casper wants me to read Jenna Jameson's autobiography. I have it in my possesion, but I can't bring myself to open it. Hmm...

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Love Spreads" -The Stone Roses

No comments: