4.21.2005

Optimism

I have been working in the Transplant department for the last two days. I have decided that I like it pretty well. I think that some of the things that go on there are pretty childish, but I like it anyway. It is nice to start over in a new place. I just hope that I don’t have to do it weekly. That’s why I am hoping that they decide that I am good enough for this position. I do realize though, that if I am not picked up permanently, it isn’t because they don’t like me or don’t think that I am good enough, it will be because it wasn’t meant to be. In the meantime, I am doing my best and learning everything I can minus the hesitation that normally comes with this situation.

Casper’s mom came in tonight. Actually, she should be landing right now. I am excited to see where Casper came from. I have heard all about her mom, but I think it will be nice to be able to see the real deal. I will meet her tomorrow night. We plan to take her out and show her the town. Cheaply, hopefully. I am excited.

Another person quit today in the good old operators’ office. I hope, in a way, that they don’t call me back. I like that, in my current office, I meet people daily. And I see more people in a day there than I would see in a week in the box that the operators work in. I even took a whole hour for lunch today and spent it with a girl who works in transplant who I trained three years ago for her job. It was really cool and totally accidental. But she is really easy to get along with and seems to know a lot about the department that she can tell me. Aside from that, we talked about relationships of all things, just like we were old friends. Which we kind of are. But not really. Turns out she lives just blocks away from me, so we are probably going to hang out soon. I am looking forward to it. I think she may be just what I need. Someone new to hang out with. Someone that I have something in common with. We will call this…a rut.

No comments: