4.12.2005

Well, it looks like I will be floating over to the potential new department in a week. I am excited because I will be working with someone that I got certified with, but I am nervous. I hate being the new girl. That’s me though, perpetual new girl since this position came along. I suppose I can’t really complain though. I have escaped (and handed down) the shitty position that I held for years and have moved on to slightly bigger and infinitely better things.

The good news is, it actually does look as though, once I get over to this department, I have a pretty good chance of being offered a permanent job there. The supervisor (from what my friend tells me) has already been talking me up to the physician for whom I would be working. I haven’t even met her yet, so it is quite complimentary that she would be so confident of my ability. (Not to say that she doesn’t have reason, after all, I am amazing! Not to mention, quite modest.)

One more hour of work to go. And then comes Happy Hour. Boy is coming. Which should be interesting. Judging from how bizarre he is about hanging out with his employees, I was pretty sure that he wouldn’t come. I kind of wish that was the case. There is only one other person from this office coming and if I knew them better, I wouldn’t feel at all awkward about going, but…I don’t know. I just feel strange. I am not sure that I can be clever and witty for 8 hours straight and then take an hour break and do the same thing again for God knows how long…I might pop.

No comments: