8.01.2005

Well, because LBG insisted, I watched “The Notebook” tonight. I am currently regretting it in a way that I have not regretted something in some time. I know that, for the second time in a week, I will wake up with a swollen face and curse LBG.

I am a sucker for chick flicks. Its something that people might never guess if they didn’t really know me. I rarely cry about real-life situations, but sit me down in front of some love story shit and I am a train wreck.

I saw “I am Sam” in the theater and only made it through the first five minutes without tears. As soon as Sean Penn named her “Penny Lane”, I lost it. And, even though I have only seen it once and don’t remember the ending, “Big Fish” even had me bawling. And I still get a little teary-eyed when Billy Crystal runs into the New Year’s Eve party and says, “When you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”, even though, I have seen that movie enough times to know the exact tone and inflection of every word.

Although a closet sentimental basketcase, I hide it well. I sometimes get choked up at weddings and I have, several times cried so hard my knees buckled. The truth is, I guess, that we all want that fairy tale ending. Because even when we try to pretend that we don’t believe in magic, somehow, deep down, we are just waiting to be sprinkled with pixie dust too. Even when we won’t admit it.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Personal Jesus" - Depeche Mode

1 comment:

wmjwatson said...

Not sure why, but this is my favorite post.