10.03.2007

Happiness and B

Between homework and work and B's visit, I haven't had a chance to blog. I know, shame on me! It has been a busy week.

B's visit was a blast. We got to see a lot of people that neither of us had seen in ages and we got to drink shots of water while tricking a newly-of age guy into drinking an actual shot. I love being in on that kind of stuff. We spent the two days he was here in an alcohol-induced haze that I only reserve for special occasions...(that is totally a lie...I would do it right now if I weren't trying to keep my mind straight so that I can do math tomorrow.) But I digress, we had a good time. We ate good food and we drank good beer with good people and now that he is gone, I sort of feel like sleeping for days.

Work has been great. I have spent my days organizing pirate luncheons and playing Bingo and I freaking love it. There have been a few moments when I thought I might crack...like today, when someone accused me of killing her baby (which is really a doll that she carries around everywhere...) and when a guy that I knew from my previous job couldn't remember where he was and I felt my whole body shudder...but the joy that I see in those people sometimes is worth everything else. I finally feel like I am doing something GOOD. (Thank you, Cheesus.) And I am the happiest I have been in a long time. I can give up my weekends to play games...I don't mind at all.



----------------
Now playing: Adorable - Glorious
via FoxyTunes

No comments: