12.30.2007

Jigsaw

Because I spend a lot of time with the elderly and am rapidly becoming one of them, I have taken up a new hobby. Drunken Jigsaw Puzzling. I know, it totally IS as exciting as it sounds. Yesterday afternoon, during my Game Hour at the nursing home, I discovered a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle under a stack of old Better Homes and Gardens magazines. My first thought was, "OOOh! We can do this for our Game today!" But then I thought, "Who am I kidding, these people have no motor skills or eyesight!" So, I broke out the really large puzzles and helped the residents put those together instead, but by the end of it, I had a hankerin' for some jigsaw goodness and I could resist the urge to borrow the beast of a puzzle for my Saturday night entertainment. Because I have skipped along from 27 to 83 in a mere matter of days. I didn't know how Spliff would feel about joining me in the endeavor but she came around and is now exhibiting her OCD compulsions by searching frantically for one end piece that we will obviously never find. It is my belief that it was eaten by the woman with the baby dolls who eats the bingo chips. So, I am sure that it is probably only a 999-piece puzzle. Now if you will excuse me, I am on a mission.

No comments: