5.01.2008

Top 25 Obsessions

I have been working really hard at maintaining the title of “Worst Blogger Ever” and I think I have been doing a pretty good job. So, to stay true to this title, I have decided not only to post a meme, but to post a meme that I have stolen from Sarah’s blog! YAY, ME!



I like music memes. They make me happy. Sue me.


Top 25 Most Played on my iPod!

25. Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley. Seriously. This is the most hauntingly beautiful song I have ever heard. And I know that he didn’t do it originally but it is my opinion that he did it best. R.I.P. Jeff.


24. Call Tyrone – Erykah Badu. I love, love, LOVE this song. It makes me want to get a loser boyfriend just so I can tell him about himself.

23. Ballad of Big Nothing – Elliott Smith. It’s Elliott Smith. That is all I have to say.

22. Hard Sun – Eddie Vedder. This song is from the “Into the Wild” soundtrack. It is incredible. Of course, I am biased because…well, I love Eddie Vedder.

21. Already Gone – The Eagles. This is my favorite Eagles song which is ironic because my father once told me that this is the song that reminds him of my mother. Eek. Either way, it makes me happy.

20. Volcano – Damien Rice. This song (and this album) sort of makes me want to slit my wrists but it really is beautiful. So…Ummm…

19. Letter to Elise – The Cure. Best song EVER.

18. Hang me up to Dry- The Cold War Kids. Honestly, I usually don’t like anything that I see advertized on MTV but when I heard this song, I knew it was love.

17. Amanda – Boston. I don’t know why I love this song so much. I really think it has something to do with Ricky Retardo.

16. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys. There honestly is nothing better to listen to while lying on the beach. (Which is something I have been doing a lot of lately.)

15. As Is- Ani Difranco. She is a genius. A FUCKING GENIUS.

14. Rehab- Amy Winehouse. I have jumped on the Amy bandwagon. I really like her. She might be a lunatic junkie, but she makes me smile.

13. Sunshine Smile – Adorable. This song reminds me of Rack, Tory, Alex, some acid and trips to the mall. Because everyone knows that when you are 16 and on acid, the best place to go is to the mall.

12. Amber – 311. I like this song, but I don’t think that I listen to it this much. It reminds me of Zebrahead because for some reason, this was my ringtone.

11. Life by the Drop – Stevie Ray Vaughn. This song is like, two minutes long but it is awesome. It reminds me of Joey G’s in Madison, Indiana and that guy who played guitar with his teeth.

10. Come Pick Me Up- Ryan Adams. I think that I have explained this one before. I will listen to this song on repeat for days.

9. Shame on You – Indigo Girls. This is one of my favorite songs to sing in my car. At the top of my lungs. With the windows down so that I can dazzle (scare) pedestrians with my vocal stylings.

8. Black Hole-Greyhounds (with Ani Difranco). I didn’t know who these guys were until they opened for Mofro several years ago. They put on a great show but I really wish they would put out another album. (Hint, Hint, Guys.)

7. No Diggity- Blackstreet. This song is awesome and I listen to it constantly.

6. Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers. L says this is MY song. Because I am a ray of sunshine. (She doesn’t say that, I just made that part up.)

5. Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight – Amos Lee. Listen to this song.

4. Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show. I heard this song when I went to Raleigh to visit B and have been obsessed ever since. This entire album is amazing. Even if you don’t think that you like bluegrass. Go. Listen. Now.

3. Tiny Dancer – Elton John and Ryan Adams. This is the only thing that is better than the original Tiny Dancer.

2. When the Stars Go Blue – Ryan Adams. No, that country fucktard did not do this song originally.

1. Pearls on a String – Ryan Adams. Evidently, I listen to Ryan too much. I should branch out. I know. Anyway, I just downloaded this album pretty recently (Easy Tiger) and I love it. I love this song because it is freaking catchy as hell…and I can’t stop listening to it.

There are some songs that I listen to A LOT that didn’t make it onto this list and I am confused about that…but…this should give you a pretty good idea…So…what are YOU listening to, Internet?

No comments: