4.04.2011

Day Six: A Song that Reminds You of Somewhere

This one was hard for me, internet, because every time I travel, there is some song that sticks out. Songs for those Summers that I used to spend visiting my dad in Georgia. Songs for visiting the grandparents in Upper Michigan. Songs for New Orleans, Washington State, Vegas…I could go on forever. But my favorite song that reminds me of a place has got to be “Wagon Wheel” by Old Crow Medicine Show.  It takes me back to the week I spent with B in Raleigh, NC, lounging poolside with dirty martinis and a whole lot of time on our hands.


I argued with someone once about whether or not this would be considered Bluegrass and still don’t really know. I know that it is good. And that Bob Dylan wrote the hook. And that it makes me smile (and wish that I was hanging out with my friend B, drinking in the sun  and letting our skin get pink.


Here’s to you, B!



No comments: