10.18.2005

A little on Vegas...Very little...

When you look at Nevada from a plane, it looks like someone took a big orangish brown sheet of construction paper and crumpled it up and then flattened it out again.

I have to say, all in all, Vegas is insane. The second I stepped out of the car at my mom’s house this afternoon, I was so taken aback by the…quiet. I hadn’t known quiet in quite a few days and it was welcome and blissful. Don’t get me wrong, I had a great time, but good GOD is it good to be home. I needed the silence and the smell of the salty air more than I could have ever imagined I would.

My vacation, at times, wasn’t much of a vacation although, I did get to see Ricky and Fish Head and escape the family for a whole day, which was lovely. Of course, the drinking started at 10:30 am. And I was right, it really was a whole different kind of debauchery than I am used to, involving thermoses full of rum and coke, FH singing her own version of “Mandy” to the people on the monorail, and an ice cream fight at Margaritaville (which I am glad there is no photographic evidence of, although Ricky does not feel the same way).

The family grated on me just as I had expected but the good thing about Vegas is, there is always something else to do. Somewhere else to go. So I did just that. And most frequently could hide out behind a slot machine and drink free Captain until someone found me and I had to switch hideouts. I am glad I went. I am glad that I got to spend time with my family, even though they bicker like nobody’s business. Even though a lot of the time, I envisioned myself kicking all of them. (I didn’t do it, but it took all I had not to.)

Even after all of the running around and such, I feel relaxed and ready to take on the week. But not until after tomorrow. I still have another day off and I intend to put it to good use. There will be sleep (in my OWN BED!), reading, and apartment hunting (AGAIN!). And I am goddamned DETERMINED this time.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Decade: "Buona Sera" - Louis Prima

2 comments:

wmjwatson said...

Glad you're back and all that what what but that's all the info?!?!? COME ON!!!
And i thought you already had an apartment or something you were moving to.

nadthemayor said...

Starting to drink at 10 AM!? Pussy, your not suppose to stop untill your back at work, he he he he. Glad to hear you got back in one piece... physically.