12.17.2004

I realized today...that I really don't like people. People in general...and...that being said...a lot of the people that I hang out with all the time. Usually, when I make statements like this, it is from observing strangers, and noticing how stupid people act...but today, I was really just thinking about my friends. Lately, a lot of them have seemed really shady. And a lot of them have seemed very...childish. (Don't get me wrong, I act like a kid most of the time, but I have a pretty good head on my shoulders, in my opinion...and most of my childishness is in the name of fun.) So, I was thinking about a few of my friends specifically, and I think I actually decided today that, despite a long friendship with one of them and a really fun friendship with the other, I don't really have any desire to hang out with them at all anymore. It's rather sad, actually. I never really give up on my friends...but lately, I have noticed that several of them are very high maintenance. And hanging out with them is never really worth the trouble. I have always had a unusually large circle of friends...and I don't really think that I want it anymore. It doesn't do me any good really.
Even with my good friends lately, I have felt kind of...out of the loop...I hate feeling that way. I feel like the lines of communication have been severed and that everyone knows more about what is going on than I do...which makes me sad...and also a bit angry. Because, honestly, I feel like I am being pushed out of the picture.
Maybe I am just having a neurotic day. I have them. It wouldn't surprise me at all...Or maybe...I just don't need these people anymore. Maybe I am growing up.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Butterfly"-Donavon Frankenreiter

No comments: