12.08.2004

Insomnia

So, Karl wants me to go out with him tonight. At the risk of sounding like an asshole, I must say that I really don’t feel like seeing anyone. In fact, I don’t even really want to go home, because I know Tiff will be there and I will have to talk to her. Karl should understand that, because we have known each other forever and he knows how I am, but Karl will not understand it. He will give me shit until I feel enough like an asshole that I have to go out with him. The conversation will consist of a whole lot of him saying, “You don’t love your brotha?” and a whole lot of me saying, “I’m sorry!!!” And will most likely end with me saying, “Fine. One beer.” That one beer will inevitably turn into three or four and then it will be WAY past the time that I wanted to go to bed.

I hate guilt trips…HATE THEM. And they almost always work on me. I am turning the phone off. That is what I am doing. Phone goes off at 5:30.

It sucks too, because I wanted to watch “Sex and the City” with Tiff…but…I don’t think I will make it. We have been trying to do that for days…and tomorrow she is going out with “Captain Boremerica” and Friday is going out of town. Oh well…someday soon…there will be “Sex and the City”.

29 minutes left.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “She Says”-Howie Day

No comments: