12.02.2004

This morning has been lovely. I woke up, barely able to move because my 15 pound cat thought it would be fun to sleep on my back last night. So my back felt like someone twisted me all up…So, when I recovered, I got out of bed, cursed my cat, took the fastest shower of a lifetime, and hurried out to my car. I left on time, no problem.
I managed, however, to find the slowest driver ON THE PLANET to drive behind. So it took me a long time, just to get out of my neighborhood. Once out, I took the same route to work that I usually take, and they had blocked off one of the lanes for construction, so I took some back roads thinking that it might help me get to work faster. At this point I had ten minutes to get to work and had been in the car for almost twenty. Living at the beach, I have to cross a drawbridge to get to town (where I work)…and guess what! It was up…so I sat even longer. I finally, just gave up the idea that I would be on time and just called my supervisor…The conversation went like this:

“Hey…I am sitting on the bridge.”

“Are you in your car?”

“No, I am about to jump.” Click.

So, I was late to work. When I got here, my computer didn’t feel like working yet. So, I turned it off, then I turned it on…then off…then on…and finally, RIGHT before it was time to babysit the crazies (who, I might add, are especially crazy today), it started to work. I have accomplished nothing this morning. The first patient I dealt with was agoraphobic and, since the lobby is PACKED, she had a little episode. So, I had to pull her out of there, put her in a room, try to find some Ativan, and notify the physician that she was in bad shape.

I am ready for this day to be over. Everything that can go wrong…has.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Why Does it Always Rain on Me"-Travis

No comments: