2.09.2005

So…I joined MySpace not too long ago. I was curious to see how it would pan out. I don’t really know what people typically use these kind of sites for, so I am not exactly sure what I expect to get out of it.

I did happen to run across a few people that I hadn’t seen or spoken to in quite a while, which was nice, but I find that I am encountering more things unfavorable than anything else.

Here’s my beef: I am confused about these people with 273 friends. Are you trying to take over the MySpace universe? I don’t have 273 friends in real life and I really don’t know how they are acquiring all of these friends. I am getting friend requests from random people whom I have never spoken to and it freaks me out because all of the friends that I have made in my life have communicated with me in some way before being my “friend”. In the real world, you don’t slip a note on someone’s car that says, “will you be my friend? Check yes or no.” And if you DO that, then you are in need of therapy, because that is just wrong. So, what is this about? If I saw someone on this thing that I wanted to talk to, I think my first step would be to send them a message…LIKE AN ACTUAL MESSAGE…not just a request to be my friend…What if you are stupid and I had no idea and I have already asked you to be my friend because in my haste to beat the record of 789 friends on myspace, I asked people that I actually don’t like. That is a big commitment! You can’t take that back! And I don’t know about you, but that is some serious business…having friends that you can’t get rid of.

Now, I am not saying that I am not accepting friends, I am just saying that it seems a little silly that just by reading a profile and seeing something that we have in common, that we will start a friendship before even speaking. One in which, you will never communicate with me directly because you have WAY too many friends for that.

Also…I keep getting these damn friend requests from people with bands. If I like your band, and I want to be friends with your band, I WILL FIND YOU! Please do not send me little blurbs about your band…I don’t care.

1 comment:

spaceface01 said...

I see that you CAN delete your friends, but after you already made them your friend, that is like a damn contract. It would be very rude, to just take it back?! I would be pretty damn offended if someone made me their friend and then one day, they were like, "Hmmm...SHe isn't so cool after all, I will delete her!" and then you find out that you have been deleted. What the hell does that say about me, man? Does that say that I am not even worthy of internet friends who have never even met me? I can't even keep THESE people who have asked me to perform this duty of being their "friend" entertained and happy and contented? I am the worst friend of all out of 279...God...and now they are just going to go back in there and find my replacement...God...now I am depressed. Damn you, MySpace.