1.12.2006

Magic

Today JGJ, during our email extravaganza at work, brought up a topic that I hadn’t really thought about in a long time. Romance. (And he provided a textbook definition, so here ya go: A mysterious or fascinating quality or appeal, as of something adventurous, heroic, or strangely beautiful.)

Magic.

And I sat there, trying to remember the last time I felt this. That moment that combines emotion with complete coincidence and chance and gives birth to an utterly unique and strangely beautiful moment, sight, thought, whatever.

When was the last time I felt that? (Besides a couple of weeks ago when that door guy gave me a hug that popped every single vertebrae…well…it was fantastic, but I don’t know if magical is the word I would use.)

And the answer is: Fuck if I know.

My explanation is that my monotony and my magic got in a fight. You would think that the monotony would lose. Because he would hit hard below the belt every time and it would become predictable. But alas, the dreamer in my magic became disenchanted with the fight at hand and took off for Tahiti. My magic is on some island with some beautiful, glistening island man. (Glistening, now there’s a word that doesn’t get enough play.)

So what does one do about this? How does one steal her magic back from that island man? More realistically, how does one steal the island man away from that slutty magic chick?

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day : "Kiss me, son of God" - TMBG

2 comments:

nadthemayor said...

i wisht i could bottle you, i'd call it "something i don't have a name for yet"

Rowan Dawn said...

"How does one steal her magic back from that island man? More realistically, how does one steal the island man away from that slutty magic chick?"

Pull a "little mermaid". (you know, from the original, not disney, where she is supposed to kill him after he marries the slut imposter so she can live, only she doesn't and fades away to nothing... but screw fading away. Kill 'em both and save your magic, dear.

Honestly, I don't know where this shit comes from.
;D