6.12.2006

Pain and Blogging

I spent almost all of today in a migraine induced coma and am just now starting to ease out of it. I can’t say that I didn’t know that this was coming. I had headaches all last week. Off and on. Just how they normally start. My doctor seems to think that it might have something to do with all of the stress on my back lately. I don’t care why it is happening, I just want the shit to stop.

Needless to say, I didn’t go to work.

I wish I had the conscience to just stay home on days that I felt perky and wonderful…but unfortunately, the only time I can muster up the courage is when I find it impossible to get out of bed. Which, lately, has been pretty frequently. And I fucking hate it. If that dead guy didn’t do himself in, I would have done it for him. Because seriously, this is just ridiculous.

I have acupuncture again on Wednesday, assuming I am approved to be out of the office. It seems that my supervisor has a serious problem with people with illnesses or whatnot. Which…pisses me off, really. I would much rather be sitting at my desk, working my face off than lying in bed watching Maury Povich. I mean really? Maury, do you do ANYTHING but paternity tests these days? Huh? But I digress. The point is, I don’t want to feel like a bag of assholes all the time (ex-boyfriend’s terminology). I would much rather not have to pop pain killers and sit like a zombie, staring into space. But from what I can tell, the alternative to that is being in constant pain. Zombified State – 1 : Constant Pain – 0.

In other news though, I did get my FMLA paperwork all filled out and turned in. My doctor backdated it so that I couldn’t get in trouble for any absences related to the accident. Which…means pretty much…any absences. So that, at least, makes me feel better. Its strange, after seeing physicians that I had to TELL WHAT TO DO for me, to see him again…someone who actually knows what the fuck he is talking about and how to help. Makes me wish there was something I could do for HIM. Helps though, that I happen to have known him for 6 years and some change and have become rather close with him.

Anyway, today was a waste. But I did manage to complete the “100 Things” list. Always a plus. But really…that’s about all that happened of note…aside from the constant pounding on my wall which started about an hour ago. So, I am sitting here wondering when the Kool-Aid guy is gonna crash through the wall and offer me some ghetto goodness. Only time will tell.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Devil Boy" - Seven Mary Three

No comments: