4.28.2011

Day 22: A Song that You Listen to When You're Sad

This one could have taken me all day. A lot of the music on my iPod is that kind of melodic heart-crushing stuff that could easily drive me into a hysterical fit of tears. But I like it. And sometimes, face it, you need something to hurl you into hysterics. And if you ever need that, internet, I got your back.

I went back and forth on this one because, well, I didn’t want this entire 30 Day Song Challenge to revolve around Ryan Adams, but seriously, people, he writes some delicious depression. I didn’t do it, though. I didn’t take my page-long list of Ryan songs that sometimes make me want to stick my head in the oven out.  I deliberately chose someone else. And I believe I made a wise choice. 

“Hallelujah” by Jeff Buckley. Now, I know, I know. This is kind of an obvious one. But come ON. This song is PAINFUL. Kudos to Leonard Cohen for writing it, but holy cheesus, I am so glad that Jeff Buckley covered it!




No comments: