9.10.2005

I like coincidences. I like randomness. I like the exciting, eerie feeling I get from them.

But what if there are no coincidences? What if I have no control over who I speak to on the street versus the people that I pass by? What if I have no control over where I end up on a day that I have made no plans? Who I see? The conversations I have? In this case, wouldn’t I just be content sitting back and waiting for my destiny to take control? Waiting for something to happen? And if I did, would it? Where would I end up?

Just a thought…

I’m hungry.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: “Ordinary World” – Duran Duran

1 comment:

wmjwatson said...

Your control IS limited. Even control over yourself is limited. There are certain things you HAVE to do. I'm not talking about eating, drinking, sleeping and whatever. I'm talking about the needs that are created by decisions. You may decide to become a certain major and train for a certain job but you have no control over the availability of that job. So you decide to take other work. Again, your choices are limited so you pick a few to try for but have no control over which one you get (beyond trying your best in the interview, of course). So now you have the job but may have no say in your schedule. So you accept the schedule given cause you need the money for all the OTHER things you need/want since we live in a society that requires money to live. Even farmers need money anymore. Hell, the Amish go to town for stuff! Then there's where to live, the entertainment you have available, and where to eat. All these things ALSO impact who you meet and interact with. All you can really do is attempt to make good choices from what you have to choose FROM. THAT is your control.
Unless you're born really rich or something.
But that is ALSO out of your control.