9.20.2005

I like how Bjork just assumes that dinosaurs made “irritating noises”.

I’ve been dodging phone calls, just so everyone knows. Nothing personal, but really, unless you want me to bitch about any number of nice little annoyances or say nothing at all, you really don’t want to talk to me anyway. I will be better by Friday morning. Promise.

So, I was talking to T when I was out in Riverside the other day. She seems to think I should look around in that area for a place. I have never been totally against living in Riverside, I just happen to like being walking distance from the ocean. I like Riverside, because even though it is completely different from the beach, you still get the sense that you are in a community. And maybe that just comes from me having never lived there, but I like to think that it has something that everywhere else doesn’t. And the places are cheap to rent. Which is also quite a good selling point. But being as unfamiliar as I am, I don’t know if I would want to live out there alone.

I feel like I fit at the beach. I feel like it is home in so many ways. It satisfies my soul, if you will. But then, I think I fit out in Riverside too but it is the exact opposite part of me that fits there than the one that fits here. It is strange. I feel like the halves of me are constantly at odds with each other. I guess that is also my dilemma with the Seattle situation.

I keep trying to tell myself to get out of the regular, every day for a moment and I might actually be able to find out where I belong…but that is a helluva lot easier said than it is done.

1 comment:

wmjwatson said...

I wasn't overly thrilled with Riverside. I know people who ARE and all and it wasn't TERRIBLE... granted, my living situation at the time probably didn't help a lot. Oh, and the noisy ass neighbors and the low rent housing which really meant you got LESS than you paid for. But you might like it bunches. People who you remind me of (in this very surface way I know you) LOVED it there.