6.03.2006

Drag Show Night and The Many Faces of Anthony Rapp

So far, the weekend has been just what I needed. Some alone time, a new movie from Netflix, some feeding my addiction to the Sims, and some beer.

I slept until noon today. And that, while it may not sound unusual for me, has not happened in months. Neither has a Saturday spent all alone. It was a good day.

But somewhere after beer number two, I lost my desire to stay home and work on getting various Sims people to have sex and decided to venture out into the world. That’s right folks, its Saturday, and that can only mean one thing. Its Drag Show night. So I called the MP and told her to get her ass over here and take me out to meet some guys who have better boobs than me. So…in a mere matter of minutes, I will be heading out for the first time in months, to the only place in town that no one buys me drinks. I don’t know what I was thinking. I am far too broke to be paying for my own drinks and MP will be far too busy trying to pick up chicks than worry about whether or not my beer is full. Oh well, at least I look fabulous.

In other news…I decided today to watch “Dazed and Confused” because, even though I bought it years ago when I was living with Spliff, I never watched it. (Not since high school.) And to my surprise, Anthony Rapp is in it. Am I the only one who didn’t know? Am I the only one who was shocked to see my beloved Mark playing geeky little Tony? Wow. So, I looked him up on IMDB and holy god, he has been in everything. “Adventures in Babysitting”?! I was just thinking about that kid the other day. Because there is one scene, where the kid is telling a story trying to freak someone out or something, and he made a really horrible (grotesque, even) face that I can still see more clearly than any other scene in that movie (other than Thor…because damn it if my obsession with Vincent D’Onofrio will ever go away…)

Who knew? So…I love you, Anthony Rapp. I really do.

No comments: