5.29.2008

First Wine, Then Cosmos

It has been a long, long day, internet. Today has been the first day since I started my new job that I have been so busy that I haven’t had time to think. The girl I share an office with was out today, meaning that I was to cover for her and I felt pretty confident about it even though I have only been working here for two weeks. I have to say, I managed to come out of it with my head above water and am currently wrapping up the day, finally having enough time to take a little break and chill for a second. If I were still a full-time smoker, today would have been the day that I actually took smoke breaks. (I say “full-time” because I am still an occasional smoker, which is hard to wrap my head around because I never thought I would be the kind of person who could smoke just sometimes…weird.)

Anyway, it has been a long day and I am ready to get the hell out of dodge. Tonight, me and Spliff are hitting up a wine tasting at a little wine store near our house. I am excited because it is free and they are really knowledgeable there and they actually can suggest wines that are GOOD…instead of ones that taste like Strawberry Hill Boone’s Farm. (Don’t get me wrong, I used to love that stuff, but I had a bad experience that involved it, some Absolut, passing out on a stranger’s couch at a party and then the desire to wash my driveway to remove the bright red vomit so my mom wouldn’t see it. Thanks, Eppernepperhart, again for that…) Gag.

Tomorrow, we are going to see “Sex and the City” and holy Jesus, you guys, I am so freaking excited. Up until the show was over, I never even watched it. (That isn’t entirely true, Tory made me watch the first episode and then I happened to be at D’s when the last one aired, so I saw those two.) But once Spliff and I started having “Sex and the City” Night and spending our last dollars on one season at a time of the DVDs, it was over. I was hooked and now I am positive that I have seen every single episode 5 times. But seriously, I am stoked. Spliff and I were actually going to buy advance tickets. TO A MOVIE. (I don’t know if you understand the gravity of this situation, Internet, we don’t EVER go to movies let alone get excited enough about something to buy advance tickets! This is HUGE!) We are both even tearing up when the trailer comes on!

Okay, I am going to pop if I keep talking about this. It is time to close up shop and go the hell home!


I said GOOD DAY.

No comments: